BLC Robert have advised a range of cross-border and domestic clients on complex restructurings and insolvencies, notably; secured and unsecured creditors in pre-insolvency scenarios and during insolvency proceedings on how best to protect their interests; administrators and liquidators in collective proceedings on the sale of assets, conducting creditors’ meetings, preparing reports to creditors, formulating complex restructuring plans and making ancillary court applications; receivers on various aspects of receiverships; potential acquirers of businesses and assets from insolvency practitioners and directors on their duties in situations of actual insolvency.
In short, our firm works in conjunction with liquidators of companies, advising especially on the ranking of creditors, the collection of amounts due to the company, the distribution of assets and the distribution of any surplus funds to shareholders. See also Corporate & Commercial, Financial Services, Merger & Acquisition and Dispute Resolution
- Advising a secured creditor in the administration of a major construction company and the formulation of a successful Rs 465 million rescue package plan to ensure maximum returns for the outstanding secured debt.
- Acting for the main contractor of a Rs 1.8 billion residential project on the proposed takeover of that project out of its liquidation.
- Acting for Deloitte Mauritius partners as administrators of a major textile manufacturer (Star Knitwear) on the successful exit of that company from administration following a Rs 1 billion takeover.
- Acting for the bondholders on the default of a USD 80 Million bond issue by an Indian-listed company in successfully obtaining freezing orders, attachment orders and executory orders in the Mauritian jurisdiction.
- Acting for the PwC as administrator of an apart-hotel business on the successful formulation of plan for the restructuring of Rs 900 million of debts.
- Regularly appearing in the Commercial and Bankruptcy Divisions of the Supreme Court in various insolvency matters.