How can BLC Robert assist you? We are a leading law firm in the area of dispute resolution in Mauritius. Our lawyers are actively involved in various forms of dispute resolution available. We are regularly called upon at the early stages of dispute situations where we give robust advice to the clients’ legal position, the strengths and weaknesses of their cases and the most effective avenues to settle the dispute, whether by mediation, narrowing down of issues and expert determination or arbitration of remaining issues, or by court litigation.Our numerous clients, both domestic and foreign, which spans across a range of industry sectors such Banking & Finance, Insurance, Hotels, Real Estate & Leisure, Construction, Private Equity & Investments and Telecoms, Media and Technology receive solutions that make economic sense to them. Our practice areas include Corporate & Commercial, Dispute Resolution and Tax.
- Appearing before the Designated Judges of the Supreme Court in defending an application to set aside a USD 22 million award delivered in an international arbitration [Please consider: Acting for a leading international company in the … sector before the Supreme Court of Mauritius to resist application lodged under the International Arbitration Act to set aside a USD 22 million award delivered in an international arbitration.
- Acting for a leading domestic contractor on a Rs 100 Million construction dispute with a luxury property developer.
- Acting successfully for the minority shareholders of a multi-million dollar joint venture before the Supreme Court of Mauritius to obtain interim injunctions under the International Arbitration Act so as to suspend the effects of a shareholder resolution in Mauritius which was contested in a foreign arbitration.
- Acting successfully for the majority shareholder in defending an application by the minority shareholder for leave to bring derivative actions on behalf of the company in respect of a GBP 7.5 million dispute.
- Acting for the majority shareholder of a mining group in an MCCI arbitration to defend claims worth USD 1.3 million alleging abuse of majority by a minority shareholder.
- Acting for the majority shareholder in pending and anticipated litigation in the Commercial and Bankruptcy Divisions of the Supreme Court to resolve shareholder and boardroom disputes relating to a potential sale of assets worth EUR 26 million and a EUR 3.7 million claim, both in respect of a global business company with a large Pan-African asset base.
- Acting a major international telecommunication company in a tax dispute before the Assessment Review Committee and the Supreme Court.
- Acting successfully for a leading international company in the Hotels industry in a dispute against the tourism regulator.
- Acting for leading national hotel company in a dispute involving environmental issues.